Effective Remedies To Get Instant Relief from Asthma
Asthma is a disorder that leads to shortness of breath, breathlessness, wheezing, chest tightness, and coughing. Asthma is a common disorder and many people struggle with it. Asthma is commonly triggered by dust, pollen, mites, etc. and people who are allergic to these are at a great risk of being attacked by asthma.
A hot cup of tea can bring relief during an asthma attack. Herbal teas mad of fennel seeds and anise seed are particularly beneficial during asthma. These teas have antispasmodic effect and are beneficial for all respiratory problems. In addition to these, green tea or regular tea can also provide quick relief and promote relaxation during asthma. Green tea is effective because it is capable of opening bronchial passages. Drinking ginger tea can sooth the tension caused due to breathlessness. Other teas such as chamomile can be used an antihistamine, hyssop tea can relieve respiratory congestion and nettle has anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial in the treatment of asthma.
Licorice root has properties that make it effective to heal asthma. It can be beneficial in cases of dry cough since it increases the production of mucus. Ginger is naturally anti-inflammatory and can prevent the inflammation caused during asthma. It can also reduce the allergic reactions during asthma. Yerba mate is an effective remedy against asthma and helps in the reduction of inflammation. Ephedra herb is widely used to treat asthma, but people you have problem with high blood pressure should be careful since it can be troublesome for them. Properties if ephedra make it capable to open blocked bronchial passages and relieve congestion.
Honey is effective in treating most diseases and asthma is one of them. Honey serves as an effective herbal remedy to relieve asthma. Mixing honey with cinnamon makes it even more effective herbal remedy for asthma. Garlic also has properties that make it highly beneficial for people who suffer from asthma. Garlic boiled with milk can help to improve the health of the respiratory system. You can massage a little bit of mustard oil mixed with camphor on the chest of the patient for faster relief. Another affective remedy of asthma is to add some ginger juice and honey to fenugreek seeds soaked in water overnight.
Omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial in controlling and preventing asthma and hence they should be included in the diet. Consuming a high amount of fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apples, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables can be beneficial in preventing asthma.
Ginger is a most popular natural treatment for various health conditions including bronchial asthma. The studies have found that it can help in order to decrease airway inflammation and restrict airway contraction. Beside this, the research indicates that it has substances that may improve the muscle relaxant effects in certain bronchial asthma medication.
Turmeric that yellow-colored spice used in almost all Indian cuisines. It is said as a first-rate anti-inflammatory. The ingredients it contains inhibit the release of COX-2 prostaglandins, hormone-like ingredients involved in inflammation. So in order to control the asthma you have to Mix one tsp. of turmeric powder in a cup of warm milk and drink this up to three times a day. Turmeric capsules and tinctures are also available in market at reasonable price.
Some other remedies for asthma include: butterbur, which is a herb that has anti-inflammatory properties, elderberry that relieves nasal congestion, lobelia tincture that help to reduce inflammation and relieve bronchial congestion and mullein oil that relieves cough and congestion.
Try To Follow these step to manage asthma:
• Search out for a precise asthma diagnosis.
• Work with your physician to create an asthma action plan to keep in control.
• Monitor your peak flow rate daily and take suitable steps when it falls.
• Keep a diary so you can track all your signs and symptoms and drugs thus you use.
• Avoid asthma activates or causes of asthma, including outside issues such as smog, pollution.
• Seek medical guidance and treatment for coexisting problems that can intensify asthma signs and symptoms, such as GERD, allergic rhinitis, and sinus problems.
• Exercise everyday to increase your cardiovascular fitness.
• Prevent exercise-induced asthma by medicating before work out.
• Eat healthy foods to increase your immune resistance against viral and bacterial attacks.
• Try to maintain a normal weight.
• Get a lot of relaxing sleep.
• Call your doctor at the first indication of asthma symptoms.
• Check in with your doctor consistently for respiration tests to make sure your asthma is managed and your medicines are working properly.