The occurrence of dry scalp is said to be common problem these days. The dry scalp denotes worst condition of the scalp. This problem usually takes place when scalp skin becomes too much dry. If you ignore this state of scalp it gives rise to so many issues like hair fall, dry and brittle hair, dandruff and other serious hair related problem. Overuse of hair care products and daily straightening of strands is majorly responsible behind occurrence of dry scalp. Presence of small glands in scalp skin is referred as sebaceous glands, which expels sebum (one kind of waxy substance) that offers lubrication to scalp and hair. The scalp results into dryness when there is lack of oil to keep skin soggy. Due to dryness, scalp becomes sensitive and lead to lot of itching. Even perming method also contributes to dry scalp, damage hair and change in the texture of hair. Excessive stress, improper diet, diet deficient in hair boosting vital nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, iron, vitamin A and B-complex group of vitamins are some biggest culprits of dry scalp. Extreme climatic condition, skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema and inadequate water in the body are some leading reasons responsible for dehydration of sebaceous glands. Dry skin make person susceptible to frequent scratching, which further severely harms the skin. According to studies, people with dry scalp are more likely to suffer from hair loss. Therefore, here are some natural remedies mentioned to overcome dry scalp and consequently itching issues.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO TREAT DRY SCALP
• Eggs are powerhouse of protein. Apply egg yolk to your hair and after 20 minutes wash off thoroughly with shampoo. This remedy gives unimaginable effect by making your hair extremely silky and smooth. Besides, mix egg yolk and 2 tbsp of olive oil in 1/8 cup of water. Make use of this mixture after shampooing on dull strands. Another technique is to mix one egg in a bowl of yogurt and leave around 20 minutes over hair.
• Mix 1-2 tablespoon of baking soda in water and make thick paste. Later apply on scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Make sure you have massaged the scalp with olive oil before following above mentioned remedy.
• Aloe vera gel aids in holding the moisture of scalp. As a result, use aloe vera gel and leave for 8-12 hours. If you leave that for longer period then chances of better results increases consequently. If you find difficult to extract gel from aloe vera leaf, then opt readymade gel. But, before using aloe vera do not forget to massage scalp with virgin coconut oil for experiencing effective results.
• While rinsing hair, make sure that you are using anti-dandruff shampoo. Leave the habit of using hair dryer regularly. If possible, dry hair naturally.
• Massage scalp with the mixture of honey and lukewarm water. But avoid excess use of it because excess use of honey contributes to gray hair.
• Application of milk will also benefit a lot to treat dry scalp. No doubt hair will smell milky. So, rinse off hair with water first and then use milk shampoo. Avoid excess using of shampoo just to get relief from smell.
• In order to treat itchy dry scalp, coconut oil is highly preferred. Apply coconut oil on scalp before going to bed, then next morning wash hair with lukewarm water. Do not use extreme hot water to wash hair. Intense hot water enhances possibilities of extremely dry scalp and hair loss.
• Massage scalp with little amount of diluted white vinegar. White vinegar plays a significant role in eliminating dead cells from the scalp.
• Mixture of ripe banana and honey will also benefit a lot to treat dry itchy scalp. Apply and leave the mixture for 20-30 minutes, then wash off with cold water. This remedy is considered very effective as aids in enhancing the moisture of hair.
• Mix paste of ground oatmeal into water and massage the scalp with this mixture. Leave the mixture for 20 minutes and later wash off with cold water. This remedy will give you relief from dry scalp as well as itchiness.
• Using moisturizer is one of the potent home remedy to keep the risk of dry itchy scalp at bay. Leave the moisturizer around 15-20 minutes and then with anti-dandruff shampoo wash hair thoroughly. Use moisturizer only once or twice in a month.
• Massaging scalp with effective oils ensures circulation of blood to scalp and triggers the sebaceous glands. This in turn helps to expel scalp oil. Make hair oil by adding 1 ounce of almond oil and three drops of each of vitamin B, lavender oil and vitamin E oil. This oil helps substantially to get rid of dry itchy scalp.
Combination of almond oil and olive oil may also prove beneficial for head massage. These natural oils are well known for hydrating effect on scalp. Plus, they are also responsible for making scalp soft. Even massage with tea tree oil also offers best results. Even using small amount of this oil will work wonderfully to cope with dry scalp. In addition, this oil keeps you away from risk of developing bacterial and fungal infection on scalp.
Apart from aforesaid remedies, do not make use of chemical base hair products as they damage scalp badly. Particularly stay away from those products which consist of laureth sulphate, sodium beryl sulfate and sodium. Obviate shampooing very frequently; instead opt natural remedies mentioned above. Healthy and balanced diet is equally important to keep all hair related issues at bay. Therefore make sure that your diet is filled with all vital proteins, minerals and vitamins. Do head massage with lukewarm oil for at least twice in a day. Oil massage plays a dominant role in keeping hair hydrated. Rinsing hair after too long period the risk of occurrence of flakes, dandruff and dryness increases considerably. Hence, try best to wash off hair at least thrice in a week. Avoid using soap for washing hair as it enhances dryness of scalp and hair.
- All About Treatments for High Cholesterol - September 26, 2019
- Hair Fall and Its Treatments - August 1, 2018
- Healthiest Food Items For Breakfast - January 4, 2018