One of the most seasoned known fruits, found in writings and artifacts of many cultures and religions, the pomegranate is an original cultures of Persia. This fruit has leather texture on the outside that is orange-yellow, red or violet in color. The pomegranate is filled with light red arils with seeds which are that are juicy and sweet.
This vitamin packed anti-oxidant rich fresh fruit has been recognized as an icon of health, packed and everlasting life.
Nutrition Facts of Pomegranate
- Pomegranates are often appreciated because they are filled with more antioxidants like punicalagin than other superfood like acai berry juice or green tea.
- Pomegranates are a good source of vitamin C, with 100 ml containing 16 percent of a person’s everyday need.
- It also contains higher amount of vitamin K that helps to support bone health and vitamin B5 that allows the body process, proteins, carbohydrate food and body fat.
- Pomegranates are loaded with manganese which allows forming of navicular bone structures during the metabolic process and potassium that allows maintaining cellular functions and balancing fluid levels.
- Pomegranates are containing good amount of phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron. There is very little fat in a pomegranate extract and it does not contain cholesterol.
- This fruits only contain 130 to 150 calories, with around 105 calorie which are based on the seeds.
- These plant seeds are excellent in calorie because they contain unsaturated sebum, sugar and carbohydrate food but there are significant amounts of fibers and some protein in these plant seeds as well.
Benefits of Pomegranate
1. Beauty Benefits
Replenish Cells. Pomegranate extract defends the epidermis and skin by motivating epidermis cell regrowth, aiding in the repair of tissues, treatment wounds and motivating circulation to epidermis that is treatment.
Safeguard from the Sun. Taking pomegranate provides the skin with substances that helps to prevent from free radical damage which is cause sun, cancer and sunburn. The oil of a pomegranate consists of the antioxidant ellagic acid that can help to restrict skin tumors on order protect the body from cancer and slow aging. Pomegranates can help to prevent hyper pigmentation, age spots, wrinkles that are often caused by sun harm.
Produce Younger Skin. Because pomegranates help to make your skin softer and also build extra collagen and elastic in it which can make your skin look more firm, smooth and youthful.
Help with Dry Skin. You might been notice that pomegranates are often added in healthy skin care beauty products, because they have a molecular structure that can go through deep layers of most kinds of skin to provide extra moisture.
Use for Oily or Combination Skin. Oily or combination skin types are mostly acne prone and can use pomegranate sooth to relax these breakouts and reduce burns or scarring damage that can occur during breakouts.
2. Health Benefits
Remove Free Radicals. Pomegranates contain high levels of anti-oxidants such as hydrolysable tannins or polyphenols that helps to reduce the consequences of toxins and eliminate free radicals and toxins from one’s body.
Protect Cardiovascular Health. Pomegranate extract juice can act as a blood thinner and aids to eliminate plaque from the bloodstream that will help to prevent coronary artery disease. Consuming pomegranate juice is beneficial for lower LDL cholesterol levels and increase HDL cholesterol levels in order to enhance heart health and avoid cardiovascular problems.
Fight Cancer. As you know that pomegranates are loaded with antioxidants which are effective in cleaning away some types of cancer, including breast, prostate and skin malignancies.
Improve Bone Quality. The compound inhibitors in pomegranate juice can help to avoid damage to the cartilage. It can also assist to regulate cartilage damage to avoid osteoarthritis.
Boost Digestive Condition. Pomegranate extract facilitates secrete enzymes with anti-bacterial properties that are beneficial for digestive function and help to fight off piles, nausea, dysentery, intestinal harmful bacteria, piles and diarrhoea. You can also use pomegranate juice as a natural treatment for bowel problems.
Increase Appetite. Children that do not have a strong appetite should start consuming a cup of pomegranate juice daily because it is a good appetite stimulant.
Cure Anemia. The high amounts of iron in pomegranates will increase hemoglobin levels in your blood vessels to help suitable anemia.
Reduce Inflammation. It is said that anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranates occurs from its high vitamin C content that will help to handle bronchial asthma, a painful throat, coughing and wheezing.
Promote Blood Circulation. Pomegranates are more often used in order to help decrease blood clots and can help to make a younger overall look.
Help Lose Weight. People found that pomegranates contain organic property which provides you extra energy and also helps to de detoxify the body which indirectly helps to shed weight.
Decrease the Threat of Erectile dysfunction in Men. Those that have a threat of prostate cancer, impotency or atherosclerosis should consume the pomegranate juice as it helps to reduce these risks. The high antioxidants of pomegranate will enable your body to manage arteriosclerosis that can lead to impotency and increase your chances of prostate cancer.